Recent comments

• Can't install any module?   3 years 15 weeks ago

Out of curriosity open the e-Sword program and on the toolbar above click "OPTIONS" and then scroll and click "RESOURCES". See if the resources are listed there without a check by them, if so check the box next to them and click "OK" and they will showup. If they are not shown in the resource window then you need to check what file they are in and reset the "LOCATION" FILE the E-Sword program reads from to be the file that the resources are in. This is also dun in the resource pop-up window. And while you are there make sure that you do not have the box checked for "DISPLAY TABS IN A SINGLE ROW", as this can hide resorces from showing as well. All of the above work with Bibles, Commentaries, and Dictionary modules, the Topx modules need to be put in "C:/USERS NAME/MY DOCUMENTS/eSword" and opened in from the bottom of the "EDITORS" window. There are other types of modules that perhaps other could explain what file they go in.

Hope this helps, let us know.

• New Heart English Bible   3 years 15 weeks ago

Patchworkid,

I couldn't figure out how to load to your site, but here is anyone can download my copy of the New Heart English Bible (Standard) module for e-Sword:

Thanks,
    Scotty

• New Heart English Bible   3 years 15 weeks ago
  • New Heart English Bible   3 years 15 weeks ago

I have the [NHEB] module built and working on my e-Sword. Just tell me where to upload/submit it.

Thanks,
    Scotty

• I can't get BeST to work...   3 years 15 weeks ago

64-bit Computers...
    The file Ben provided fixes it for me - just not on my 64-bit computer. I tried compatibility mode, etc, but basically, I just ran it on my other computer (a 32-bit box) and it was a happy day.

I just thought I'd post in case some people are still getting the same error (the error is the same as before you include the DLL file above) and are actually on 64-bit computers. If you have a high-quality 32-bit emulator you might be able to use that, but just borrowing an older computer would work too.

Be Blessed,
    Scotty

• New Heart English Bible   3 years 15 weeks ago

Hopefully no one spent hours deleting the extra returns. All you need to do is search for a double carriage return and replace it with a single one, which I did a few seconds ago. Actually, I had to run that search/replace twice because sometimes there was a triple carriage return. Here is the text file. The only time there's a carriage return now is at the end of a verse.

Josh

• Can't install any module?   3 years 15 weeks ago

Hi
    what is the version of eSword you are using
    what is the extention of the files that where downloaded into eSword folder

• Hyperlinks in Topic Files   3 years 15 weeks ago

Hi Tim

That's good suggestion. It should work in most English-language Windows systems.

I will think about it.

Thanks!

Carlos

• New Heart English Bible   3 years 15 weeks ago

Pathworkid,

I will do that - thanks. It probably won't be done by this weekend, I've got finals next week and I'm working on my research paper all weekend. But I will get it done. I've already downloaded the zip from your file sharing site.

Thanks so much!
    -Scotty

• The Evidence Bible -9.x   3 years 15 weeks ago

This file only includes:
    Genesis 1-3
    Psalms
    Proverbs
    Daniel
    Minor Prophets
    New Testament
    (no commentary)

Is there any likelihood of getting the whole Bible? More than that, I'd like to see the "evidence" commentary - as a separate "commentary" file.

• New Heart English Bible   3 years 15 weeks ago

Hi I can still convert this into e-Sword module for you but can you help me by downloading this file NHEB excell (it is in Word) http://www.mediafire.com/?coxha72p850pi

I would like you to delete all the extra spaces (returns). I started you off. it is over 30,000 spaces to delete. I am busy making other modules.

Again If you want this to be done I need your help.

thanks

• Westcott-Hort without Strong's   3 years 15 weeks ago

I looked around and so far I have not found such.

If someone can find it in a "Zefania XML" Bible module I can convert it to eSword.

• New Heart English Bible   3 years 15 weeks ago

It would only be confusing to the first generation shared with but after that if children were raised with it they would have no problems, and I still think you under estamate the Youth of today, they are not as unable to adapt as some may think. Yes there is a learning curve, but well worth the time spent both teaching as well as learning.

Your brother in Yahhoo-Shuah The Anointed One.

• Hyperlinks in Topic Files   3 years 15 weeks ago

This is just a guess (and I'm not a programmer). But what about putting the files in "c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\e-sword\"? Or in "..all users\shared documents\e-sword\"? Would either of those work?

(To me it's strange that you can't install e-Sword for "all users" instead of just the current user, anyway.)

• converting personal NOT files from older e-sword 7.1 to 9x   3 years 15 weeks ago

Thanks for your reply. I will have to download the file you recommend on another computer as Norton Security Suite won't let me download it. After converting to a commentary file, will it allow data to be added in much the same way as a NOT file? My notes are constantly being updated.

The fact that when I upgraded from 7.1 to 9.8.3 on the laptop, it automatically converted my NOT file to a NOTX file which does work shows me it can be done.

• New Heart English Bible   3 years 15 weeks ago

I know, and I have it, but that's the Messianic version. It makes for confusing times when printed for youth group Bible studies, quoted on the web, etc. Most people aren't used to that. It's only useful to me, but not for sharing.

• New Heart English Bible   3 years 15 weeks ago

This version is already available for e-Sword 8x and 9x at http://zefania.blogspot.com/2010/04/new-heart-english-bible-messianic.html.

Hi I suggest that you back up your notes in v7. http://www.mediafire.com/?coxha72p850pi check out Commentary creator2 to open study notes in v7 to convert it to a commentary. try out the 9.9 it is much better.

Try using the converter as a batch - all in one folder to convert. or as an individual module.

It should have worked. When I use it, it works. Try it again.

others might help you better than I can.

thanks

• Deleted comments   3 years 15 weeks ago

I blocked "karafrytb" for posting spam in the review of "The Great City The One World System of Satan".

jonathon

• New Heart English Bible   3 years 15 weeks ago

Really?! That's fantastic! I appreciate your effort very much.

Looking forward to it,
    Scotty

• New Heart English Bible   3 years 15 weeks ago

Hi I found a way to make this into a Bible module I will post it by this weekend.

thanks

• Westcott-Hort without Strong's   3 years 15 weeks ago

I meant the e-sword module.

• Hyperlinks in Topic Files   3 years 16 weeks ago

Hi Dyan

Thank you for your suggestion.

Copying files to the Program Files\e-Sword folder is not a good idea for two reasons:

- It's a protected folder in Windows Vista and 7, so if you copy the files there, even in a subfolder, sometimes they will go to a virtual store folder instead. That's why Rick moved the user editable resources to My documents\e-Sword.

- The Program Files folder has a different name in non-English versions of Windows (e.g. "Archivos de programa" in Spanish).

Someone has suggested using a folder right at C:, such as C:\eSwordImages. That's not an elegant solution, since it would be preferable to have all the resources together, but it may be the only way to make it work in most computers.

The best solution would be for Rick to add image support to e-Sword, but there isn't much we can do in that sense. :-)

Thank you!

Carlos

• Hyperlinks in Topic Files   3 years 16 weeks ago

Hi ebulerdo,

One suggestion is that you save your images to a folder in the program file folder. (e.g. C:\Program Files\e-Sword\TopicImages) and create hyperlinks to them in your topic file. This most probably would be the same for all users.

I had done this with my training demo files and it seemed to work. Hope this helps

• Westcott-Hort without Strong's   3 years 16 weeks ago

If you mean in book form, it's right here: http://www.amazon.com/Westcott-Hort-Greek-New-Testament-Dictionary/dp/15...

Unless you meant a module.